• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android and the Intel ATOM

Grevden

Lurker
Ok so Intel is part of the OHA and they have a very powerful processor made just for mobile devices so the question is, will android run on it? and think how powerful an OHA device powered by the Intel ATOM and Nvidia gfx technologies... If anyone knows something I don't let me know!

Patience, man. Patience. There isn't even one android phone that has been released yet.

Androi will run on Atom for sure. Since the get-go google has been pimping Android as being for all types of devices, not just phones. Give it time. Hadn't noticed that Intel was in the OHA, nice catch! I'm predicting a new generation of tablet netbook-type devices.

AMD's answer to Atom and their new "fusion" (cpu+gpu on a chip) are also interesting future avenues for Android. (Sorry, I'm an AMD guy, I had to throw that in there)

lol no prob I am an AMD man as well I just specificaly referenced Intel's ATOM because Intel is in the OHA and AMD is not so I was just wondering if anyone had any info I did not.

I think the only real hurdle to getting Android to run on the Atom is getting the special Java VM (which is what Android is, sort of) compiled for it. Once you've got that you're all set... assuming you have proper drivers for the other components.

Well, seeing as how the Android OS is build on top of Linux, I'll wager it could run on darned near anything with a processor.

Hmm.. make calls from my networked refrigerator using Android... Interesting concept...

Back
Top Bottom