• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android HTPC

DoAndroidDream?

Has anyone built a HTPC based off of Android? I tried Googling "Android HTPC" but did not get very much in return. I am thinking about taking the project on but have a few concern. Mainly if it will compatible with a BR drive if I decide to use one.

Has anyone built a HTPC based off of Android? I tried Googling "Android HTPC" but did not get very much in return. I am thinking about taking the project on but have a few concern. Mainly if it will compatible with a BR drive if I decide to use one.

Not Android but we originally installed Natty Natwhal with Mythbuntu on top of ours. Even with having all the proper drivers and configuration installed on the box, our BR drive saw freezing during blue ray disc playbacks and general choppiness during regular DVD playback. It was very discouraging! Android being built off the Linux kernal I suspect would have similar results, at least in its current state.

I think it's a problem with DRM content. Linux has matured but it's not quite there yet in terms of full support for all media.

Back
Top Bottom