• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Android L

biggiephil

Android Enthusiast
Hey guys, FluffyFox and I found this awesome app called Android L apps its got a lot of the apps from android L like keyboard and boot animations etcetera, go check it out

I installed this and now when my phone boots, the messaging app crashed and the com.android.phone process is crashing. After it crashes I click ok and the phone runs normally, except the text message app always crashes. I'm using Hangouts to text until I fix it or flash the phone back to defaults.

I've removed the Android L apps data and uninstalled it.

Also it may not be working because yesterday I restored the "SMS Storage" Data Only from my old lg motion, to move over my texts, but the texts didn't copy over. Perhaps I should just use the LG Backup to restore texts and call logs from the Motion? Does LG Backup work from a different LG model?

Also I removed some apps from /system (did have backups of all of them) and uninstalled some from within Titanium. I will restore them and report back. I found another thread where someone had a similar issue:

http://androidforums.com/l70-all-things-root/862291-android-l.html#post6668298

One other non-standard I did is go into LG Programming, 3845#*323#, disabled LG MLT and re-enabled it. I did this to see if this is how they are censoring certain objectionable websites ;-), but they are not. Perhaps it's blocked at T-Mobile?

Biggie, thanks. But I don't know what a rom does.

So far the keyboard works great and it's a separate app from the official 4.4 Google keyboard in the app store, so it won't overwrite it.

A ROM in this case is an image of an operating system used for your mobile phone (Android Jellybean , Kitkat, Android L). A custom ROM is basically a modified version of an operating system, allowing the user to customize the phone to the way they are comfortable.

ROMs can be made specifically for a device, permitting there is a supporting community for that device. I am running the Xperion ROM on my LG F6, with a lot of customizations.

ROMs should only be installed if you are comfortable with the possibility of damaging your phone if you mess something up, or if something goes wrong.

Back
Top Bottom