• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Android lollipop on s4 bugs

Hello,
After i have just installed androd 5.0.1 firmware using odin3 on my Samsung Galaxy S4 it keep poping too many messages like "unfortunately (settings..gallery. .etc) has stopped working" and that happens after the startup or randomly at any time...
Anyone has any idea to stop thid annoying messages?
Thanks.

Did you do a factory reset before updating and reinstall the apps? If not, back up your data and try resetting (if you are rooted then you can just wipe cache+dalvik using a custom recovery, but without root a factory reset will often solve post-update problems).

Actually i have custom recovery but the root not working because the supersu binary won't update.
I went to the costum recovery and i cleared cache but i didn't find any option to clear cache+delvik in the CWM recovery.
And is it needed to factory reset my device to install the new firmware and is it will effect if i downloaded it using any other country name?

Well, when you do that it's never a guarantee that it will work properly for you as there may be some things that aren't entirely compatible. It may be that you'd need a different version.

So i should download another firmware belong to any other country than the one i have downloaded or i should use the one belong to my country?

Back
Top Bottom