• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android M Preview

exninja

Android Enthusiast
Oct 9, 2011
AZ
Who has or will try the M developer preview?

I didn't do the L preview, just because I was hyper-worried about keeping my warranty intact for any possible reason.

This time, I'd like to. But I'd also like to wait for others to try it for a while and see what it can, can't, or won't do. This doesn't like like nearly as big of a change as Lollipop was, so I'm not expecting much as far as missing or broken features.

Loaded it last night. As mentioned above, some apps aren't compatible (Barclays Banking, MX Player, Falcon Pro sync issue). Everything else seems to run ok for me.
Little concerned on battery life as it seems to be dropping quickly compared to 5.1, but it may just be with being the weekend and i am using the phone a bit more than usual.
I will leave it on for a week to see how it goes to give it a real life run.

Upvote 0
Does anyone know an official release date yet? I like the look of it but refuse to attempt pre loading it onto my phone in case I f*ck it up, I love my N5

It'll probably be officially released in conjunction with the new nexus devices that 'll be released Oct/Nov. So, it shouldn't be too long after that that you receive the update on the nexus 5.

Reactions: YaBoiSloopy
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones