• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android N Preview

exninja

Android Enthusiast
The Android N Preview is available. Looks like the main new feature is having two apps open at once (finally). Here's a link: http://developer.android.com/preview/download.html

I don't remember being able to do the preview as an OTA before.

I will probably wait a version or two before jumping in. Maybe they've fixed the GMail syncing issue? LOL, I crack myself up sometimes!

The OTA thing is new - Google trying to make life easier for devs ..

It comes with all the usual caveats about things simply not working or having bugs.

I like my phone working so I'm going to wait for the full release ;)

It is pretty stable for me, a few apps like Snapchat and Twitter have flaked out a few times but other than that I haven't had too many issues with the apps I use. Battery life does seem to take a slight hit, but nothing too bad.

I'll prefer waiting too, also because marshmallow 6.1 is very new. My previous phones featured Android 4.4kitkat and 2.3ginger... But I can't wait for the real release, then of course I'll update. But I'm scared I'll **** up my phone if I root or flash or just try unstable things...

Back
Top Bottom