• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Android OS Using Most of Battery

thisisnascar

When checking battery usage, I see the Android OS using the highest percentage of OS, even more then the Display. What tool(s) can I use to show, specifically, which portion of the OS is using that battery?

I also see Android OS as the top % of battery use, running 33% to 35% most of the time. I'm not sure if it matters, as my Maxx has great battery life anyway. Anyone who is "in the know" care to step in here?

my android os runs about 8 to 10%, use GSam battery which breaks down app usage including android os, also phone, screen, wifi, held awake, bluetooth, etc....also works in increments of 1% instead of only 10%

also shows for screen, percentage of use in bright, medium, dim, dark... used to use battery indicator but didn't work for ICS upgrade...

I am a very heavy user with stock quotes, texting, mail, internet, battery lasts me about 12 hours on average without charging along the way which I do at times because I am almost always around a charger.....GSam also shows how long to charge and how long till battery gets to zero as it builds up a memory of your use...

Back
Top Bottom