• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Android runs slow when plugged into PC

• Thread starter Thread starter InStride247
  • Start date Start date
I

InStride247

I have a great functioning Samsung Galaxy S3. I've tried Googling and everything that comes up refers to slow battery charging from USB. That is NOT what I'm talking about here.

My Android OS doesn't always recognize touch response and lags considerably when I am charging from my laptop. My initial guess is there is somehow malware on either the phone or PC causing issues. However, my phone runs great as soon as I unplug from the PC and two separate anti-virus programs have found no issues on my PC. (Bitdefender and CCleaner.)

Any help? Gracias, merci and danke.

Don't know if it's your particular case, but mine did the same and I noticed that the "usb debugging" option was ticked. Phone must have came that way because I don't remember ticking it myself. Anyways, I unchecked it and I no longer have that problem when plugged into the PC.

I do appreciate the timely response. USB debugging is indeed a setting I hadn't considered. Unfortunately, mine was not set to do so :/

Perhaps two strikes and we're in? :p

I don't know that it would do that if there were any malware present. Let's rule out the obvious stuff first. If you can try a different cable and plug it into a different PC and let us know if either of those eliminates the lag.

My phone does indeed seem to run smooth(er) when plugged into a friend's PC. I still notice minute lag, albeit nowhere near the extent compared to my personal PC.

Do you have Kies installed? If so, I'd uninstall it, delete the drivers and then download a fresh, current copy.

Back
Top Bottom