• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android Wear 2.0 on the Moto 360 MKII

Outatime

Android Expert
Hey guys what's happening?! I haven't been around recently but I'm still here. I haven't made many new faces recently but I still faithfully use my watch every day. I still love it.

I thought maybe we could keep a look out here for the 2.0 release to our 360s. I don't see anything online yet about when its scheduled and I haven't gotten mine yet. I'll let you know when I do though!

I've only seen it on YouTube and honestly as a lefty it doesn't look very friendly. That fan app thing looks like it would be a pain. But us phone/smartwatch geeks have to have the latest and greatest...

My 360 MKII finally got 2.0 this morning. So far it seems neat with the one exception I was concerned about. The fan app launcher thing is a royal pain for a lefty. Seriously, it's almost two decades into the 21st century and things like this are still happening?

My 360 MKII finally got 2.0 this morning. So far it seems neat with the one exception I was concerned about. The fan app launcher thing is a royal pain for a lefty. Seriously, it's almost two decades into the 21st century and things like this are still happening?

I have not gotten mine yet :( but I'll watch for it. (See what I did there?) How is it other than the lefty issues?

I checked for it, and I do have it but have to charge to install and I am at work. :mad: Stupid watch I have 98% battery left.

Last edited:
Got the update two days ago but didnt play wit the watch. So where /how do you launch apps? And it added my gmail accounts which is nice i guess?

Can you cats direct me to a link so i can find out whats different?

Probably why I don't like it either. Do you wear your watch on your right wrist? I do.

I have always worn my watch on my right hand. I remember when I was like nine years old my dad (also a lefty) told me that's how leftys do it.

Anyone having any trouble with Play Services POUNDING your phone's battery after this install? I can't tell if it's related or just a concidence with another problem. I have a few week old Galaxy S8+. I'm about to do a factory reset on the phone just for the heck of it to see if it improves.

I have not gotten mine yet :( but I'll watch for it. (See what I did there?) How is it other than the lefty issues?

I checked for it, and I do have it but have to charge to install and I am at work. :mad: Stupid watch I have 98% battery left.

Hi Shale!!

The biggest thing I'm noticing is that because the app launcher is triggered by the physical button, I'm getting fewer accidental launches. Not that it was a problem before but every once in a while something like Pix to Cam would be on and I'm like "oh crap."

The notifications are great. The little keyboard thing is off the hook. I love it. Surprisingly easy to use. Everything has nice animations and it just feels more like a finished product.

It's nothing earth shattering mind you, but it's good.

Let us know your thoughts after you've used it a while.

Oh, those complications? No idea how they work.

Just a quick update, I did a factory reset on both my S8 and my watch and the phone battery is MUCH better. I know that doesn't mean that the watch was the issue, but I wanted to report back in case anyone had the same problem.

I finally got it installed later that day that I posted that. After the past couple weeks or so I love it. The app launcher is great, as is the new interface for apps. The notifications are supurb and yea a fricking keyboard (FINALLY). So all in all I say it's the best update since I got the MK1 360. It's like a whole new device.

As far as battery, I have to say it's something with your phone. I regularly use less than 10% from 6:30 AM to 6:30 PM. I tried it this past weekend and I literally went from Friday the 9th at 6:30 am to Monday night the 12th before I put it on charge. It died at 4 PM the 12th. The battery on this thing is totally blowing my mind.

Example: off charge at 6:30 this morning, I have 94% left right now (3:41 in the afternoon)

I must have jinxed myself. After reporting how awesome the battery was doing, it quit doing so well. (my luck)

It's not bad by any stretch of the imagination but it did scale back to 2 days max. So I am back to nightly charging even though it's only down to 78% at the end of a day. If I don't charge it I get home second day in the single digits and I hate to run it close like that.
:(

Anyway, it will still go 2 days if I stretch it, but no longer do I dream of a weekend vacation not taking my charger.

After the OS stabilized on the watch I'm getting just *slightly* worse end of day numbers than I did before. Where I was at 46% I'm now at 42%. Nothing earth shattering.

Something on it I can't figure out, I downloaded a few non Watchmaker faces (gasp, I know) and the watch simply won't recognize them. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but I didn't spend a lot of time on it.

Good seeing you guys again!

Last edited:
i use speeds pro. i don't think that is a watchmaker face?

i acces it through the google market on the phone and download it. i also have this app on the phone (not sure if that last bit makes a difference).

Are they available in the wear app? If I remember correctly, you have to select a non-watchmaker face to push the others to the watch.

This is really weird. Just poking around I launched the Play Store from my watch. Did you know you have to install (some?) stuff a second time from the watch? The two watch faces I'd downloaded were showing as pending installs in the Play Store. I ran them and now they're working. I don't think I like that.

But anyway... mystery solved. Thanks for the input.

Hmmm, in Wear 1 you had to download to the wear app and then push the faces to your watch. With wear two you can get them right from the watch, but I wasn't aware you HAD to do that. I thought it was just an option.

Back
Top Bottom