• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Animal crossing - this item is not compatible with your device

sinqbad

Nov 28, 2017
When I go to the new animal crossing this message pops up, I'm on Android 7 and I couldn't find any non-compatibility issues. The thing is is that it says it would work on my same phone but on Android 6. My tablet is Android 7 and it works on that.

Now my phone is rooted which is probably the culprit but even using Magisk core modules still doesn't change it. The weirdest thing is that when I search for it on the Play store it doesn't show up, I had to google to find it.

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0
OK, well that's apparently incompatible with any devices I have, or had, currently registered to my Google account.

animalcrossing.jpg

Well Andy OS is an Android emulator, running on laptop, Onda Obook 20 is a tablet, and the Samsung was a Note3 I borrowed when I was in the UK a couple of years ago. Incompatible apps and games will not show up when searching the Play Store itself.

Maybe worth you shooting an email to Nintendo about it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0
Hmm, best I can figure is it may take some time to be compatible with your current rooted device as the game was just updated less than a week ago.
https://ac-pocketcamp.com/en-US/site/faq
Note: Some devices may not be supported.
For more information regarding your specific device, please see the manufacturer's official website.
It may take some time before Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp is supported on the newest version of Android OS.
Emphasis mine.

Otherwise as @mikedt stated, shoot Nintendo an email:
ac-pocketcamp-support@nintendo.co.jp

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0
Looks like some of the spam we've been getting lol :D

I'm very used to seeing Chinese everywhere of course. :D

The description basically states "Nintendo simulation game with a high degree of freedom. Official version, does not need Google Services. Does not need internet but play maybe slower.".

BTW I think Nintendo have only just recently started releasing their games in China.

Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0
I don't think Android 7 is the issue anyway: it told me it was compatible with my Note 10.1 (2014) which is running 5.1 and my Pixel 2 which is running 8.0.

However, it said it was incompatible with my old HTC One M7, which is running 5.0.2. It's possible root is the issue there, since that's the only one of those devices that is rooted, but other apps that I know check for root show as compatible with it even though they would refuse to run if I installed them, so I'm not convinced.

Upvote 0
So I sent to a nintendo but I'm not sure if I should expect a reply.

I don't think Android 7 is the issue anyway: it told me it was compatible with my Note 10.1 (2014) which is running 5.1 and my Pixel 2 which is running 8.0.

However, it said it was incompatible with my old HTC One M7, which is running 5.0.2. It's possible root is the issue there, since that's the only one of those devices that is rooted, but other apps that I know check for root show as compatible with it even though they would refuse to run if I installed them, so I'm not convinced.
I have a previous profile that saved on google play (Android 6.0.1) on the same phone that was rooted using Magisk and it says it's compatible with that so I'm seriously confused whether it's root or android 7.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones