• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Annoying GMail Notification

thisisnascar

May 2, 2012
Gloucester City, NJ
Every morning, at approximately 5am, I get a notification of my GMAIL account that I have "X' number of messages. It must be something that's defaulted, because I've never set anything to happen at 5am. Where and how do I go about canceling or changing this? I really don't want that notification going off at 5am every morning. I have all of my other email accounts with "no-push" meaning, I have to manually query for new mail.

Smart actions is the solution I would recommend. You can also go into settings for gmail, and change notifications, string it up so there is no sound, just a status bar notification. I use smart actions and have a VIP list that will ring even on silent, but the rest of the planet gets the silent treatment, until I get to work. For work hours, I have a different VIP list.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones