• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Another SD card query sorry - but this worked yesterday...

Welshyyyyy

Lurker
New here, only just joined due to my total frustration with my android tablet - the question isn't specifically about installing apps on the sd card - I have a Sony Experia Z2 tablet, which I've had for about a year and when the SD write option was removed, I copied to my external SD card using File Commander (which was pre installed on the tablet). I also subscribe to Googleplay Music and all my music uses the external SD card (64Gb) - as of yesterday (10th March) Googleplay Music wouldnt download any music any more, it just stopped with the message "insufficient space" and looking in the settings, the external SD card is greyed out. Then when I went to try and create a new file or folder or copy a file or folder to the external card (using File Commander as I normally would) it doesnt work. So, this worked yesterday, so what has changed today ?
Also if I take the SD card out of the tablet, and put it in my laptop and copy some music files onto it they copy to the card fine, but when I then put the SD card back into the tablet the folders/files are not visible at all. Again this worked fine yesterday, this is a task that I do all the time - so now I have an SD card that not only can't be copied to at all any more whilst in the tablet, it cant even have data copied to it out of the tablet to use in the tablet ?!?! The files that were copied to the SD card prior to yesterday are still there and can be accessed on the tablet so its not a faulty card.
Is this just a further restriction by Google on SD cards or does anyone know what else this could be ?
I've tried another Sd card and have the same issue

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom