• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Another year another quest: What phone should I get?

Papamalo

Android Enthusiast
Jan 14, 2011
Oakland
Another year another quest: The total Hands free, voice activated phone. What phone should I get?
renderTimingPixel.png

Over the years I got new phones based on the fact that they had what I call "100% hands-free, voice controlled android experience"
In simple terms, I could mount my phone on my dash, and give it commands, find me directions, take pictures, read my texts, and more.
My first favorite, was the Motorola Moto X Pure (Play) Moto voice was the best voice control interfce I've ever used.
Then I got this LG V30 which I have now, which I hack and tooled in settings,until it could do all that.
Recently a google update removed those functionalities from my phone, rendering it obsolete to me.
What I need.
A phone that will wake, bypass lock screen, take commands, read my texts and more all via voice control.

Can anyone re commend a photo that will currently do all that?
I'd get a motorola, (Moto voice) but all their phones after the Moto X Pure have been kind of half baked.
Thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones