• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any alternatives for various apps?

synical

Like some of you, I too came from the note 7 to the v20. As of this writing I've had a couple of hours with it and so far I like. I still need to get used to the power/fingerprint button placement.

Anyways, I was wondering if there was any app alternatives that I could use. There was a few that I liked from the note 7. They are:

1. Secure folder. Any good ones out there? I like that certain apps/media would be encrypted so anyone using my phone would need a password. I would like to use the fingerprint scanner but any would work.
2. Edge sidebar/launcher. I'm using Nova launcher and I dont think there's an option to make it. I liked the idea of having multiple folders in the sidebar. Makes my screen minimalistic.
3. Yellow light/night light etc. I know this has it but I liked the note 7 version because there was a timer to go on at certain times. This one just has preset modes.

Finally, I know this device doesn't have it but any wireless charging options? I think the LG G5 had one (3rd party) but i haven't read much on it. I liked the fact of just placing my device on my charging stand and not worry about plugging it in or forgetting to take it out.

Thanks!

I haven't tried it yet but I think if you have a memory card installed - you can encrypt certain folders seperately.

or the whole card. but that might need a 3rd party thing. I use Estrongs file explorer mostly

@GrandMamaBear - thanks for the link. I used some of those features.
@Napalm - I know I can do that with photos/videos. I'll check the folder option with my sd card. I have solid explorer so i'll check and see if they have that option.

I did find the night mode variant. If anyone is interested it's called "twilight". You can set the time you want it on/off. Only thing I don't like from it is that it says in your notification bar. A pet peeve of mine.

so there is a version of that twilight thing embedded in the LG.

comfort view I think it's called. settings - screen - you can set how much blue it removes - and dim the screen.

I think ti does what twilight does - I've not used it personally. but I might

so there is a version of that twilight thing embedded in the LG.

comfort view I think it's called. settings - screen - you can set how much blue it removes - and dim the screen.

I think ti does what twilight does - I've not used it personally. but I might

Yeah I use that too (low)..only thing for me is that comfort view only has 4 settings and it's not as in depth as twilight's.

Back
Top Bottom