• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any Google Supported Solution for Remote Control of an Android Tablet?

persistentone

Does Google directly support any method of remotely taking control of an Android tablet? They support the ability for a Chrome browser to remotely control a Windows desktop using Chrome Remote Desktop, which is integrated very well with Windows. Ideally I would like a Chrome extension that let me select the tablet from a menu and immediately get logged in with known credentials. It would be fine if there was a requirement that the Chrome browser and the Android tablet both be logged in as the same Google account.

teamviewer?

I have heard several people recommend it. I used it many years ago but did not like the way they created a bitmap of the desktop on the remote end that had worse resolution than the target system.

How do they implement this on Android without rooting the system?

Yes, Google supports remote support solutions such as logmein, R-HUB remote support servers, Teamviewer etc. for remotely controlling Android devices. You can use the same as these are easy to use and work well.

Team viewer works wonderfully!, I used to access my laptop from my former S5..unlock the display remotely using different network, play music, access files..editing and so on.
The only downside was that in every session it would freeze the connection..and the laptop would became unresponsive until I manually reboot it.
The funny thing that my phone didn't freeze at all even its ram is very poor..

Other than that very helpful..

Back
Top Bottom