• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any OEM car mounts available?

R_S

Lurker
Just got mine this week and need a car mount for it.

Since I frequently drive over rough terrain, an OEM mount made specifically for the phone is preferred. (In my experience generic mounts will typically not hold my phones well enough over the kinds of bumpy terrain that I drive.)

Ive checked on ebay and amazon and only found generic holders.

TIA!

Ray

Try Arkon docks. The one I purchased comes with a dash mount, a/c vent mounts, and of course the standard windshield mount, and I have yet to have it fall off (though for what you're doing I would recommend you use vent mounts)

Try Arkon docks. The one I purchased comes with a dash mount, a/c vent mounts, and of course the standard windshield mount, and I have yet to have it fall off (though for what you're doing I would recommend you use vent mounts)
Where do I find them? Did a google search for Arkon Docks and no phone mounts seem to come up...
LG Revolution 2 Original Vehicle Mount MEG62782601

The LG Spectrum 2 4G VS930 is also known as the LG Revolution 2. The link above is to Discount Cell who guarantee this is an original LG product. I've never done business with these folks so your guess is as good as mine as to how to take that.
I think you mean the LG Spectrum, not the Spectrum 2. Based on what I can see the Revolution 2 has rounded corners just like the Spectrum but not sharp ones like the Spectrum 2.

Revolution = VS910
Revolution 2 = VS920 = Spectrum
VS930 = Spectrum 2

OEM mount on eBay.

RAM mount, smaller kit.
RAM mount, larger kit.

The RAM mounts are known for being very secure. They look funny when not holding your phone, with their spidery arms.

EDIT: If you go with the RAM mount, take heed of this Amazon review that says the composite arm can't be tightened enough to eliminate position creep.

RAM offers only two kits with the spidery phone holders, which are linked above, and which both use composite arms. You can assemble a different mount yourself from component parts, using these codes, in particular, using an aluminum arm (starting with code "RAM") if you think position creep would be a problem (and assuming an aluminum arm would be the fix--maybe it's the ball material as well). The problem with choosing the individual parts is that the price will be higher.

I just installed the smaller kit, but haven't any experience with it yet. Maybe in a week I will have a decent idea of how it performs, but my experience will only be on paved roads.

Thanks jj2me! I know the others were just trying to help but I'm glad you at least know which phone I'm referring to because if I had listened to them, I'd be waiting on the wrong mount right now.

I did happen to find the mount on Amazon just a few hours ago for the same price as the eBay link you posted so I already bought it.

As for the ram mount, yes I'm familiar with their mounts in general (I use one in my 4x4 for my ipad which I use for topographic navigation) but hadn't heard of those complaints about the phone mounts. Glad there's an OEM alternative. If anything I can use the part that holds the phone with a Ram arm if the OEM kit doesn't work well enough.

Back
Top Bottom