• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Any way to disable Silent Mode?

Kelemvor

Nov 12, 2010
So on my previous phone (Optimus V w/froyo), when I would turn the volume down it woudl go from loud to real quiet to vibrate and that was it. So all I had to do what hold the down volume button until it was done.

However, I recently got an S3 w/ICS for work which has an extra mode. It goes from loud, to soft, to vibrate, to totally silent. This has messed me up as I'm thinking it will vibrate when I get a call/text but it doesn't do anything.

Is there any way to get rid of the Silent Mode setting completely so I never accidentally use it when I think I'm in vibrate mode?

Thanks.

So on my previous phone (Optimus V w/froyo), when I would turn the volume down it woudl go from loud to real quiet to vibrate and that was it. So all I had to do what hold the down volume button until it was done.

However, I recently got an S3 w/ICS for work which has an extra mode. It goes from loud, to soft, to vibrate, to totally silent. This has messed me up as I'm thinking it will vibrate when I get a call/text but it doesn't do anything.

Is there any way to get rid of the Silent Mode setting completely so I never accidentally use it when I think I'm in vibrate mode?

Thanks.

Annoying i know but i haventfound anything to remove that. So id say no just make sure its on vibrate.

Upvote 0
I had the exact same problem and have missed some important calls. I found an app that helps immensely. It makes you confirm any volume changes and resets the volume to the previous setting if you do not confirm in 30 seconds.

Look for: "volume locker" in the play store.

It is working great for me since I almost never change my volume from vibrate only. :D

Reactions: sjamie
Upvote 0
Hmm, if I hold my volume down, as opposed to tapping it, it stops at vibrate. Then if I hit it again its totally silent. I hadn't noticed it did that because I always just hold it down...

Mine definitely doesn't work that way. However, I recently installed Volume Ace Free which is awesome. I setup various profiles and can pick form one or schedule them to go into affect. There's also a vibrate button I can just top to turn on vibrate mode.

Works great.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones