• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Any way to stop getting the same email twice?

kuddus

When I get a mail, i recieve a notification on my gmail app then a couple of seconds later the same email comes through on the email app as well. Will there be any way to get rid of this?

When I first got my phone I only signed into the gmail app and not the email app, try signing out of the email app, or disable notifications in the settings/more/application manager/all/find the email app, tap on it and untick 'show notifications'.

Hope that helps.

Yes, andywool is right. You either use one or the other app for your email service, i.e. either Gmail or the stock email app since you don't need both as they are doing the same thing. If you signed into your email account via both apps you naturally get two emails and two notifications.

Select the one you prefer to work with, as they have slightly different UIs and then go into settings > applications and scroll to the one you don't want to use anymore; delete cache and data, that's it. Your emails wont be affected.

Back
Top Bottom