• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Anybody want to help unbrick my Droid?

dakoop

Nov 1, 2009
Tried to load a custom ROM on my rooted Droid last night. Nandroid gave me an error "nandroid exited error 2".

I then tried my saved backup and got the same error.

This morning i tried to put the 2.0.1 manual update on my sdcard and hope to go back to a stock, but usable phone. This time I got an error 7.

Am I now the proud owner of an expensive paperweight????:thinking:

Can you still boot into recovery? I'm by no means an expert however you might try the following if you can get into the recovery menu:

Go down to "Wipe Data/Factory Reset" and select yes. After that go down to "Wipe Cache Partition" and do that as well. Next go into thee Nandroid menu and select restore and it should begin loading the backup.

If you don't have the correct backup you wish to load you should be able to mount your SD card via the mount Sub-Menu off the main recovery menu.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones