• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone bought an Excite Proor Excite Write with Keyboard

JezF

Lurker
Nov 28, 2014
Hi,

I've just bought an Excite Write with the Keyboard Dock included. It's arrived without the micro USB to micro USB necessary to charge the Keyboard Dock from the Tablet.

I assumed this was an error but staggered to be told by Toshiba that they don't include the cable. (Mind you they also told me the Keyboard Dock's blue tooth would work without any power)! Bizarrely, if you buy the Keyboard Dock as an optional extra you do get a cable!

I can't find a suitable cable anywhere & it seems odd that Toshiba would not include this cable on their top of the range machine. (They've actually told me to go buy one on Amazon or Ebay, but then warned that any consequential damage to the machine will be outside warranty)!

Any one else bought one of these? Did you get the cable? If not, have you managed to find anywhere that sells them? I'm told the cable needs to take 2A, 5V.

Thanks

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones