• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone else have this phone?

I've had the LP3 for a little while now. Hardware is great but the software not so much. Any other users out there?
So you have the NON-US version??

I just received mine last week. It's taking a while to get used to. I like a more stock Android feel. The EUI and the notification feels awkward right now.

Pros:
Nice build quality and feel.
Very responsive from the 821 processor
Good battery life.
Nice sounding speakers
Quick Charge 3.0 helps
I like having Infared again

Cons:
Camera isn't so good (it really needs OIS or EIS)
Bluetooth signal does not travel far. My old Sony phone allowed me to walk more than 2X the distance from the phone.
EUI skin/launcher
Bloatware that can't uninstall
Poor initial setup (it didn't transfer things from my old phone correctly)

Things I wanted (wish list):
Dual sim
MicroSD slot
Bigger ROM 128gb version since no SD slot
3.5mm jack
FM Tuner
Water Proofing

Upvote 0
I got this device last week. The UI is maddening. I tried to get it as vanilla as possible and have followed all of the tips. The biggest problem that I have is that my google account stops syncing. I go into the calendar and get a notification that sync for this account is not enabled. I enable it. It'll switch off again later without me doing it. My hangouts messages stop coming thru unless manually refresh. The emails stop coming in unless I refresh...I can't figure out how this keeps getting turned off. I've been turning on the device and using apps so the entire device shouldn't be going into doze mode. I need my notifications to go off as the messages roll in. Anyone know what is going on and how to fix it?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I got this device last week. The UI is maddening. I tried to get it as vanilla as possible and have followed all of the tips. The biggest problem that I have is that my google account stops syncing. I go into the calendar and get a notification that sync for this account is not enabled. I enable it. It'll switch off again later without me doing it. My hangouts messages stop coming thru unless manually refresh. The emails stop coming in unless I refresh...I can't figure out how this keeps getting turned off. I've been turning on the device and using apps so the entire device shouldn't be going into doze mode. I need my notifications to go off as the messages roll in. Anyone know what is going on and how to fix it?

If you haven't already, install Nova Launcher. That will solve the stupid UI problem. I agree the factory UI is dumb. As for the deep sleep stuff, there may be a setting that could help: Go to Settings --> Battery --> Power Saving Management. You can use "App Protection" and "Align wakeup" to make sure your phone isn't trying too hard to save power, and if it is, you can tell it to exempt an app from power save.

Upvote 0
I got this phone US version, 2 weeks back. Great phone with good build quality. But the software is completely messy. Phone keeps missing the push notifications most of the time when it is not in use and it is completely unreliable. Hope LE ECO team releases the FIX ASAP.
There may be a setting that could help: Go to Settings --> Battery --> Power Saving Management. You can use "App Protection" and "Align wakeup" to make sure your phone isn't trying too hard to save power, and if it is, you can tell it to exempt an app from power save.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones