• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Anyone figure this out yet?

goldrush28

Can the bottom center on/off button be disabled. Every now and then when I put my edge+ in my pocket the button gets depressed and turns the screen on. Can I disable it?

I don't have this issue, therefore I am not bothered by it. I don't see any settings that disable the home button. Perhaps there's a third party app?

Thanks for trying to help. I tried that app and I couldn't get it to do anything, let alone do what I was looking for. I use the side on/off button quite comfortably and just want to disable the front on/off button so it doesn't depress accidentally in my pocket. I thought that might do it but it didn't. I'm surprised no one else has had this happen. Every now and then I take the phone out of my pocket and the screen is on. Thanks again.

Thanks for trying to help. I tried that app and I couldn't get it to do anything, let alone do what I was looking for. I use the side on/off button quite comfortably and just want to disable the front on/off button so it doesn't depress accidentally in my pocket. I thought that might do it but it didn't. I'm surprised no one else has had this happen. Every now and then I take the phone out of my pocket and the screen is on. Thanks again.
You might have to root your phone to gain more control over the home button functions.
I've returned my Note5 back to stock & when rooted,I'm pretty sure I saw an XPOSED module or something to turn off this behavior.
May wanna take a look around some of the Note4/5 GalaxyS 4/5/6 Edge/Edge + root forums for a solution.
If you can't find anything here,perhaps over @XDA-Developers.

You might have to root your phone to gain more control over the home button functions.
I've returned my Note5 back to stock & when rooted,I'm pretty sure I saw an XPOSED module or something to turn off this behavior.
May wanna take a look around some of the Note4/5 GalaxyS 4/5/6 Edge/Edge + root forums for a solution.
If you can't find anything here,perhaps over @XDA-Developers.
Thanks Kolio, I'm sure you are right but I've never rooted a phone and I've had them all. Droid, Droid razr, Razr Maxx. LG G3 etc.. Never felt savvy enough and don't want to screw things up. I'll keep looking. There must be a way to disable that button without rooting. I hope !!

Back
Top Bottom