• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone seen this crash screen ?

Hi all,

I switched on my Nexus 7 today and it came up with this screen:

0.jpg

Any idea if you can trigger this to appear ?. I was curious as to what the diagnostic text said about what the error was. I think I just rebooted it or hit start (can't remember). Anyway, next reboot around it worked fine.

Never seen this before... anyone else experienced this ?. First crash ever since launch date but no damage, so pretty good really considering all the stuff I've crammed onto it. Oh, my memory was a bit low (16gb version with just a bit less than 500mb free).

Just curious about all of this really if anyone would like to comment :)

PS - not my pic, just the only one I could find on the net.

Hi all,

I switched on my Nexus 7 today and it came up with this screen:

0.jpg

Any idea if you can trigger this to appear ?. I was curious as to what the diagnostic text said about what the error was. I think I just rebooted it or hit start (can't remember). Anyway, next reboot around it worked fine.

Never seen this before... anyone else experienced this ?. First crash ever since launch date but no damage, so pretty good really considering all the stuff I've crammed onto it. Oh, my memory was a bit low (16gb version with just a bit less than 500mb free).

Just curious about all of this really if anyone would like to comment :)

PS - not my pic, just the only one I could find on the net.
That is just the fastboot screen. Nothing more. You get there by holding down the power and volume down button together for about 8 seconds.

A also accidentally discovered the Safe Boot option...

When you press the the button on the side to power off, the "power off" dialog appears. If you long press "power off" text button then it offers you the option to to "safe boot" - i.e. boot without any user apps getting loaded.

This might be old news to some, but I thought I'd mention it ;)

PS - thanks all for the info.

I accidentally found this screen to. Freaked me out for a second but everything seems fine now. :)

Back
Top Bottom