• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone upgrading to the galaxy note 2?

Peaches037

Would anyone consider the gnote 2? I'm curious to know if it's a major difference besides the screen size and camera..

I am for sure. I love my gn and after upgradeing to my s3 (which is awsome)i miss the bigger screen. The gn 2 wont only have bigger screen and better camera but better pretty much everything and will be thinner from what i have read it will have a better cpu then the s3 or close to the same. Soon we should get all the specs and what im really curious of a bigfer screen.

I am for sure. I love my gn and after upgradeing to my s3 (which is awsome)i miss the bigger screen. The gn 2 wont only have bigger screen and better camera but better pretty much everything and will be thinner from what i have read it will have a better cpu then the s3 or close to the same. Soon we should get all the specs and what im really curious of a bigfer screen.

Yeah I'd like to see it too.. I'm surprised its only gonna have a dual core processor. Thought it'd be a quad core processor.. Maybe it will be only time will tell.. If it's a great device and the price is right, and I will give this note to my son and grab the new one..

I dought it will have a quad but a dual core snapdragon will get the job done very nicely. Plus i dought even with the quad it will be working at the full potential of it so the dual like i said will do good and we will know in the near future

As much as I love the bigger screen of the Note, I don't know if I want it even larger.
I will have to check it out when it becomes available.

Of course, all this info now is rumour and speculation on everyone's part. Personally for me, I will not bother. If my GNote is still working great with no problems, I don't really see the need for it. I might consider it if there are huge improvements over the current Note. But if they are minscule with little to no real benefit, I'll pass.

The Note is my first Android and it took me 5 years before I saw any real benefits of upgrading/replacing/retiring my trusted Dell Axim x51v. The Note was the only device in the market that caught my eye and made me reevaluate and consider upgrading.

Rumours are pointing towards a bigger screen (5.5" over current 5.3"). It's highly possible to fit that into the current frame of the Note and not make it larger. Basically shrinking the bezel and adding more screen size. And if that's the case, I can see the aspect ratio going from 16:10 to 16:9 to fit. And because of this, if they keep it at current resolutions, it'll be 1280x720 (a little less than the current Note - 16:10 @ 1280x800).

I guess we'll all have to wait and see. For me, I'll be passing as I like the Note and the Note 2 at the moment is not that much more impressive.

As much as I love the bigger screen of the Note, I don't know if I want it even larger.
I will have to check it out when it becomes available.

From what I hear the phone itself will be almost the same size, only the screen is a bit larger..

I doubt it. At least not anytime soon. I love my Note. It's the first phone that I've ever had that I didnt hate something about it. Unless something insane happens, I will probably keep this phone the duration of my contract. Which would be another first for me LOL

The credible specs (check out Android Community, Android Central, etc) have a 5.5in screen (while keeping the same size...just a smaller bezel), 1.5GB of ram, and a quad core chip with LTE (the Korean SIII specs). Probably the same camera as the SIII, but rumours are it will be slightly higer spec as far as megapixels (which I don't really care about).

I just got my note last month. So thats a no for me. This is my first android device and i love it. I took a swim with my iphone july 4th so i had to get a new phone. I saw the note from across the room and played with it for 45 minutes waiting to get a 4s. Ive been waiting for the iphone 5 and since that wasnt going to happen i wanted to try something new. I ended up with the note. Im glad i waited for android to have time to mature a little. Very pleased with my experiance.

I think alot of people would love the note but there is one thing everyone like a big screen but no one like carrying it.

wont the note be less wide but only slightly longer now due to going from a 16:10 screen going to 16:9?

wont the note be less wide but only slightly longer now due to going from a 16:10 screen going to 16:9?

Those were my thoughts too. Physically, you can cram a 5.5" inch screen into the current frame, but it will be 16:9 and not 16:10. The top bezel can be shrunken down to accomodate the larger screen (so the Note 2 will be the same height as the original Note). Also going to 16:9 will allow it to be narrower as the bezel on the sides can be shrunken too with the new aspect ratio. So, it'll be a slightly bigger version of the S3.

I can picture the Note 2 being the same height, but slightly narrower than the original Note. The resolution on the Note 2 will realistically be 720p (1280x720). I think putting a 1080p (1920x1080) resolution on a 5.5" screen will be a bad idea and unpractical. 1080p resolution will require more CPU/GPU processing power and power consumption will be more. Therefore draining the battery at a faster pace. Unless they put in a bigger battery and adding some girth and weight to accomodate.

As it stands, the Note 2 will have a bigger screen at the cost of lower resolution in my opinion. Current owners may not switch as it offers little to no real improvement over the original Note. It'll run JB 4.1 and probably a more efficient processor. It'll have a little more RAM, so overall performance should be a little better. It'll probably have a better camera, but that's moot to those that don't really use it or need it. Battery life? Not sure, maybe about the same or slightly better with the lower resolution screen.

Size might make a difference for some if it becomes a little narrower, while keeping the same height. Probably make it a little more comfortable to hold. It may allow for one-handed operation, though it may be pushing it still.

After thinking about all this, I don't think many current owners will jump on it. However, those who considered the Note and haven't gotten it yet, might be watching out for this.

I was talking to my brother( hes only 10) and he has an upgrade in November and he told me i could use it on one condition...that i give him my galaxy note 1, SURE THING! haha i already gave him my galaxy s2 =D Cant wait for the galaxy note 2

Yep I will consider it - but have to look what it really offers over what we have now. I would hope for a higher rez screen, better battery life, and equal or faster processing speed than the GIII. If bigger size - I will have to try it first.

I was talking to my brother( hes only 10) and he has an upgrade in November and he told me i could use it on one condition...that i give him my galaxy note 1, SURE THING! haha i already gave him my galaxy s2 =D Cant wait for the galaxy note 2

I wish my brother would do that instead he ask for mine because I always buy at full price because I am a phone addic

I probably won't just because my note already makes me happy. I there are no major differences then I will keep my note 1. Also a deciding factor is my accessories. I have over 100.00 in cases my docks, car mounts, etc.

Back