• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone worried about Apples clash with Samsung?

DroidUser1

Jan 6, 2010
So if you've been living in the dark for some time now Apple just won a pretty large patent war between samsung. Some 1 billion in damages, but I ask this being a Samsung S3 owner. I read that some of this has to do with Google's android OS. From now on will we be getting stripped out features out of Android's OS? It's already happened once with Google's search bar, but I really don't want to lose features that I like about this phone for this BS. If it comes to it should I root this phone to avoid it? Once those updates come out it's almost mandatory because it keeps asking you to update with out any options...

So if you've been living in the dark for some time now Apple just won a pretty large patent war between samsung. Some 1 billion in damages, but I ask this being a Samsung S3 owner. I read that some of this has to do with Google's android OS. From now on will we be getting stripped out features out of Android's OS? It's already happened once with Google's search bar, but I really don't want to lose features that I like about this phone for this BS. If it comes to it should I root this phone to avoid it? Once those updates come out it's almost mandatory because it keeps asking you to update with out any options...

Really should have very little affect on either Samsung or Google's Android OS. The ruling will most likely be appealed and most likely they will reduce down the monetary award or through out certain parts of it. Most of the things they were awarded on were for older models not being sold much any more and most of the things have nothing to do with Android itself, but to modifications done by Samsung to the pure Android operating system.

Samsung brings in 3-4 Billion every three months so even that 1 billion is just a dent to them and Samsung is just one of hundreds of companies producing thousands of devices using Android OS.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones