• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help App and Task Managers?

00Locke00

Lurker
at the moment I'm using Adao Task and App manager. 2 seperate applications made by the same dev. I'm looking into finding a different one for both operations. I have a few listed(at the bottom) but I'm seeking enlightenment on what's out there at a high quality/user friendly interface/low batt consumption/possibilty of multi functions rather than seperate apps for each. if there are any others that are unlisted here I would like to know the name and dev, as well as what you think about it or your personal preference. thank you for you time and input!

Android Assistant by Aaron-multi purpose application(all in one basically)/ 4 1/2 stars
File Expert by Geek Software-4 1/2 stars
Astro File Manager by Metago-4 1/2 stars
Appkik by Diune-4 1/2 stars

I used Astro and it has many plugins for different things. I never had an issue with it and it was very easy to use. I havent tried any of the other ones you listed so I cant give a comparison. I would recommend trying them out and see which one you prefer, after all, thats really what matters. :)

I used to use Task Managers when I first got my phone but I have since uninstalled them as it has been said numerous times on this forum that Task Killers/Managers are not needed on Android. I think the only time I have missed my Task Killer/Manager was when one of the music apps on my phone wouldn't shutdown right away and I was thinking with a Task Killer I could have pulled it down from the notification bar and killed the app quicker than waiting for the app to respond. That has happened maybe twice in the 4 months or so I have stopped using Task Managers/Killers. Plus Android gives you access to kill running services via Menu Button-> Settings->Applications->Running Services.

As for File Managers CWill is right it's all about your personal preference. I have used many different apps for this and they all have their positives and negatives.

Good Luck.

Like SammyAcclaim, I don't use any of the so-called Task Manager/Killer apps out there, and for the same reason. So far, the main reason I've found for performance errors on this phone have been twofold and are related to the phone's lackluster 199 score on the BogoMIPS chart.

The first cause of performance issues is an overloaded phone. I try to keep my phone at 100MB of Available Space on the phone itself, as found in Settings > SD Card and Phone Storage. The other cause is related to poorly written, or incompatible apps (i.e. apps that don't play in the sandbox well together).

Hope this info helps someone out there.

Back
Top Bottom