• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

App needed to block spam and junk sms

rohit_4739

Sep 6, 2012
Hello All,

I am a new user to this user and this is my first post. Could you please suggest a free app to block the junk,spam and unwanted sms. The feature which i need must is to able to create rules and filters on the basis of the content of the message.

Normally what happens is these junk messages have different number every time but more or less they have some common content. So could you please suggest me a free App with this feature.

Thanks,
RB

I never answer unknown numbers. I let them slip into voicemail. If it's something/someone important they will leave a message. If it's spam/marketing they won't. Saves me a lot of time.

But that's voice calls. Which identify themselves, or not, with a number.
Spam SMS messages' content cannot be analysed until after it has been received. So your device would have to receive them, then analyse them, and then trash 'm (if they conform to your set up rules for unwanted SMS).
I don't know of such an app.

Upvote 0
I never answer unknown numbers. I let them slip into voicemail. If it's something/someone important they will leave a message. If it's spam/marketing they won't. Saves me a lot of time.

But that's voice calls. Which identify themselves, or not, with a number.
Spam SMS messages' content cannot be analysed until after it has been received. So your device would have to receive them, then analyse them, and then trash 'm (if they conform to your set up rules for unwanted SMS).
I don't know of such an app.

You do not know about any sms blocking app ?

Upvote 0
There is a free app in Google Play called Blacklist (there is also a paid version, but you don't need it for what you are looking to do).

This app will block all calls and sms messages from any number not in your contacts from ringing your phone. They will be received and logged in the blacklist program. But they will not ring your phone or be in your phone's call log or messaging list. Note: calls not in your contacts will go straight to voicemail and will be able to leave you a message

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones