• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

App not installed

23tony

I'm trying to figure out why an app isn't installing. I have my phone in developer mode, and I have the settings so that it will let me install from the specified sources.

I download the apk and try to install it, but after a few seconds it just says "App not installed". no other info. The app installs fine if I'm connected to the dev system, but not if I download the apk. Just trying to figure out why. What should I be looking at to resolve this?

The only thing I can find that makes sense is the app is unsigned. But I would expect my permissions settings to resolve that.

If you already have the app in your phone, you can't install the latest apk. You would probably need to uninstall the existing app before install the latest apk.

I've done that before - installed the apk over the app that was already installed (with a different app). But when it failed this time, I deleted the existing app and it still won't install.

I'm wondering if it might have anything to do with this being a release build instead of a debug? The other app was a debug build. This is an unsigned release build. I've also disable Play Protect, so I would think it's not an issue...

Best I can tell it looks like something got mucked up with my settings when I tried to publish a "release" build. When I tried to go back to debug and build again, I ran into all sorts of errors. It took me most of last night to resolve them, including having to download another AVD image.

I've built a fresh DEBUG apk and that's working fine. Good enough for the moment.

Push your phone on Factory reset,sometimes apps are override with some other apps.during installation.
after reset ,you can install any app.

Back
Top Bottom