• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[App suggestion] make my headphone volume louder

I know this isn't what you want to hear, but the problem is most likely that your headhpones provide poor sound insulation. If you try an in-ear headset, you'll almost certainly get much, much better results.

When I switched from 'standard' buds (like the ones that come with phones) to in-ear, my usual listening volume dropped from full to under half.

Upvote 0
The impedance of the headphones plays a large part in the volume.When out I use a set of sport,"Bud"ones that are 25 ohm.These are louder than stock.
JVC HA EB75

JVC HA-EB75-AE Sports Headphone with Adjustable Clip: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Increasing volume in the device itself is not recommended as they have hardware limitations that if exceeded can damage the device.

An often overlooked part of listening is the ears.I do a lot of sound recording and from time to time clean out wax build up with a decent cleaner like Otex
Otex Ear Drops homepage

as it has next to no odour.

I also check my hearing range,
Equal loudness contours and audiometry - Test your own hearing

HTH :)

Upvote 0
I just thought I'd add that I've been road-testing Power Amp app music player.It has a pre-amp boost in it's Graphic Equalizer section that adds a little volume that I don't think will harm a device but it's not a massive boost and as above the headphones need to be able to take advantage of it.
The more sensitive the headphones,the more volume you will get but as always be careful of hearing damage.

Note:poweramp has a nice option to assign different equalizer settings to individual tracks.Very useful if you want to add or cut bass etc to a specific track

HTH :musicus:

Upvote 0
You should check out Smart Volume Control +: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=cz.directservices.SmartVolumeControlPlus

You can change volume of pretty much everything, thing is, I'm unsure if it will allow you to increase the volume of headphones even more. There's a lite version of this app worth checking out.

Anyways, it could be possible your headphones are starting to go, maybe it's time to consider a new pair?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones