• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

App to backup EVERYTHING on phone

I just found this forum so please forgive me if this has been answered. I searched and could not find much of interest.

I just lost some files when doing a Verizon software update. I had to reset the phone and while the contacts and such were salvaged, the files were apparently not backed up. Of interest to me were some voice recording made with the voice recording app. It is probably way past too late to fix this problem, but can anyone point me to an app that will do a complete image of the phone? All apps, data, messages, contacts, documents, downloaded stuff, attachments, etc. I mean EVERYTHING in one swell foop.

If such an app exists I can envision writing a Tasker script to run it automagically on a schedule and avoid any future catastrophes.

Thoughts anyone?

Thanks for your help,
Mike

Do I understand correctly? Super Backup Pro WILL backup EVERYTHING except Photos? I can live with that as Amazon Photos runs continually and backs all photos up. I'm off to check out Super Backup Pro. Thanks for the insanely quick response. ;-)

Some manufacturers do provide a complete backup and restore for their phones. Like if you've got a Samsung Galaxy there's Smart Suite, or for Huawei or Honor there's HiSuite, those are the ones I've used with phones I've got.

Some manufacturers do provide a complete backup and restore for their phones. Like if you've got a Samsung Galaxy there's Smart Suite, or for Huawei or Honor there's HiSuite, those are the ones I've used with phones I've got.

LG's backup app has been very good for me. I also use Samsung's backup as well.
(I still use SMS Backup Pro and Google Photos, Gmail/Google for contacts)

Your best bet would be to install TWRP recovery and backup the device, which can backup EVERYTHING you'd want & need.. The only difficulty I see is that you've probably got a Verizon device, which inherently isn't possible with that carrier.. Sorry. You could always use a Google Fi device and just port to VZW, should be able to do all the above mentioned as requested

Thanks for that tip. So far I've not figured out how to use Samsung Switch in this way. It seems to only want to talk to another Samsung phone. (Go figure! LOL)

Your best bet would be to install TWRP recovery and backup the device, which can backup EVERYTHING you'd want & need.. The only difficulty I see is that you've probably got a Verizon device, which inherently isn't possible with that carrier.. Sorry. You could always use a Google Fi device and just port to VZW, should be able to do all the above mentioned as requested
Thanks for the response. I got the TWRP app and, as you say, my model is not among those listed. Oddly the app seems very carrier specific. Moving on ;-)

LG's backup app has been very good for me. I also use Samsung's backup as well.
(I still use SMS Backup Pro and Google Photos, Gmail/Google for contacts)
Thanks. I'm still fussing with SMS Backup Pro. I'll have to see how it goes. Who'd a thunk something so obviously needed by everyone would not be easily available?

Back
Top Bottom