• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

App to stream music off USB C memory stick

pcmxa

So I'm looking for an app capable of playing music off music stored on a usb type c memory stick. The phone finds the files fine and I can use the stock file explorer to play a file, but I can't find any aids that can play the files. I've tried Blackplayer, PowerAmp, Pi Player, none can see the USB C stick but will play files if I double click on one of the files through explorer. So I'm just wondering if what.i want to do is possible. Would just like to take a lot more music with me and have an easy way to play it while I'm overseas and away from the internet. Thanks.

I know it's not a fix, more like a bandaid, but...maybe just transfer files to your phone periodically? you can fit a LOT of music in a few GB's, and it would use quite a bit less power to read from the phone's memory than from a USB stick. Not to mention a lot easier to carry the phone around without a usb stick sticking out of the bottom.

I know it's not a fix, more like a bandaid, but...maybe just transfer files to your phone periodically? you can fit a LOT of music in a few GB's, and it would use quite a bit less power to read from the phone's memory than from a USB stick. Not to mention a lot easier to carry the phone around without a usb stick sticking out of the bottom.
that's probably what I'll do, for now. Just need to compress some lossless files so the album's aren't so huge. Then get an otg cable in case I want access to my whole library offline.

Just an update. The solution I found for now is USB Media Explorer. It reads files on the external flash dive directly and you can build playlists etc.

Back
Top Bottom