• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Applications disappeared

Peaches037

I need help.. All the the apps including the pre installed disappeared without cause. Did a factory reset and it didn't work.. Am able to text and read an email only.. Is there something else I can do? Thanks

Can you still see them in the installed apps menu via settings > apps.

Unless you've done something, there's no way apps would uninstall themselves. Are you rooted?

Perhaps you can try one of these:

- if you're running Sense as launcher, clear data and cache for the HTC sense application. Reboot the phone as well if needed.
- if using a 3rd party homescreen replacement (Apex, Nova, etc.), check that you haven't accidentally hidden any apps from the app drawer. Also, try deleting cache and data for Apex/Nova/etc.

Hope this helps somehow.

Perhaps you can try one of these:

- if you're running Sense as launcher, clear data and cache for the HTC sense application. Reboot the phone as well if needed.
- if using a 3rd party homescreen replacement (Apex, Nova, etc.), check that you haven't accidentally hidden any apps from the app drawer. Also, try deleting cache and data for Apex/Nova/etc.

Hope this helps somehow.

Thank you very much.. I will try that

Mmmm, if even a factory reset didn't help, I'm a bit stumped as to what could be the problem, especially since you're running stock. Looks like a firmware bug to me and I'd advise having the seller or HTC support look into it.

Mmmm, if even a factory reset didn't help, I'm a bit stumped as to what could be the problem, especially since you're running stock. Looks like a firmware bug to me and I'd advise having the seller or HTC support look into it.

I will give HTC support a call.. I don't know what else to do..

You could try an RUU? It's an exe file ran from your PC that installs the factory default software on your phone.

What's your exact software version?

Back
Top Bottom