• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps for Samsung Galaxy Tablet 10.1

Just bought a Galaxy Tab 10.1 yesterday. Although they told me it had only been out for a couple of weeks, I'm really disappointed to see that apps like Netflix, Facebook widgets, etc. don't seem to be available for it yet. I really bought it so I can watch movies, etc. and now I see Netflix isn't ready yet. How long is it likely to be before the app developers catch up with this device or are they likely not to bother? Thanks for any insight you have. When I got my Droid2 this wasn't really a problem. There were lots of apps that would work on it. :confused:

I would imagine it wont be long before we see that stuff come available.... But thats merely speculation on my part

Netflix could be a while.

For facebook widgets try Wizz. It's in Beta, but it works well and has facebook, twitter, greader scrolling (resizable)and stacked widgets for honeycomb.

Is there no way to search or filter in the 'market ' for Honeycomb optimized apps?

There's a list for "tablet apps" when you go to the home screen. There's a handful outthere and new ones getting added all the time.

There's a list for "tablet apps" when you go to the home screen. There's a handful outthere and new ones getting added all the time.

are you speaking about the web store or device store? I can't seem to locate 'tablet apps'....thanks.

FYI, you can side-load Netflix now - works great, unrooted and all. Find the apk - geese, i forget where, try searching techcrunch for netflix & galaxy tab and poke around from there. PM if you still need help.

PittCaleb

Besides Netflix, which does work now as PittCaleb said, you can watch video on the browser through Amazon VOD, and I believe the flash hack for Hulu works on this tab, too.

And it may seem silly, but I highly recommend the Accuweather app. It was one of the first ones made for tablets, and it's really very nicely done, and has a cool widget where you can add different locations and flip through them.

And honestly, a lot of the apps that aren't necessarily made for Honeycomb still work fine on a tablet, so it's not like you ca n only install the apps listed under the tablet section.

Back