• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

apps stopping errors

corvairbob

Android Enthusiast
Jan 3, 2013
i have the verizon ellipsis 10" tablet 5.1 os and i get everyday some type of error that an apps has stopped. most of the time it is the play store or some messenger. i just did a factory reset 3 times in a row to see if that would stop the error. i have went into the app and cleared the chase and dates and i still get the errors.

is there an app that can monitor these and let you set what apps to automatically clear them out?

plus i get a message tha sms is no longer supported and i can't get that notice to go away and all the notices are turned off.

this tablet runs 24-7 as a monitor for my security system so when the errors show up sometimes the security app goes away , or gets dim, or freezes. does anyone have a fix? before i did the factory reset i have most of the apps either turned off or disabled and i still had this issue, so this time i left them on as it would have come out of the box to see if maybe i had something turned off the tablet needed.

maybe i just have a tablet that has an internal issue and may have to find another one and see if it works, but before i do i sure would like to see if it just may be some app or switch that needs attentions.
update i tapped the sms no longer supported and it took me to the playstore and i then turned off the playstore tab and that message went away, lets see how long it stays gone. i do not need sms for a monitor.
thanks bp.

Last edited:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones