• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Apps unable to update after Lollipop Update

• Thread starter Thread starter Android Question
  • Start date Start date
A

Android Question

This is not a question, hopefully it is an answer to some of you.

Since my HTC One was upgraded to Lollipop last night I was unable to update any apps and had a mysterious an app needs updating notification. Clicking on this would lead me to the Android Play Services app on Google Play that usually seems to be invisible there. My way around the error was to stop all other downloads first and then go to that page by clicking on the notification message and update the services from there. Then all other apps were able to update.

I left a shitty comment there against that app, but of course no I cannot change it now because the notification that takes you there is now gone (thank God).

Anyway, this worked for me on an HTC One M7 so hopefully it will work for you if you have a similar problem.

One other tip I should mention is that Chrome tabs have been merged, but there seems to be an option to split them again in Lollipop. No idea where it is, when I cleared the recent apps including Chrome I got a new fresh Chrome offering the choice.

Finally, I do have a question! I used to be able to hit an X button at the top right corner of my HTC One that let me close all recent app entries, but it seems to have vanished since Lollipop. Anyone know where it is if it still exists?

Finally, I do have a question! I used to be able to hit an X button at the top right corner of my HTC One that let me close all recent app entries, but it seems to have vanished since Lollipop. Anyone know where it is if it still exists?

Hi, welcome to Android Forums.

When I updated to Lollipop my M7 'Recent apps' defaulted to the new 'cards' view which doesn't have the 'x' button.

Assuming yours has done the same, if you tap the three dot menu button top right and select 'grid' view in Settings - Layout, it has the 'x' button.

Incidentally, I have had the Google Play Services issue after the last two or three updates. Google Play Services is an essential element of Android and plays a large part in app updating etc. so I guess the system is just looking after itself.

:)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom