• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Apps2sd

Silly question, but is Apps2sd the same thing as going to Manage Applications then "move to sd card"?

Well then, mine works fine. But, I never tried to use it until after I upgraded to an 8gb class 6 sd card.

My Uninstall doesnt work unless I reboot and I can't copy to SD card at all in Vanilla. Anybody else have this problem and a fix?

UPDATE: Have moved to Ubuntdroid and still same problem.I can't move ANY app to SD using ANY method. Get a "Failed to Move Application" error then when I push the Move to SD card button again, Moving icon freeze. Any ideas? Also can you manually move apps to SD?

Now my phone is starting to flash a Low Memory message. This is getting critical. I can't even move anything at the Recovery Menu. Says the system is busy?

Sorry guys, I have a fix for this and I didn't share. If you want to move your apps to SD, flash vampirefo's 2.0.9lv kernel. It allowed me to move things like you are supposed to.

Sorry guys, I have a fix for this and I didn't share. If you want to move your apps to SD, flash vampirefo's 2.0.9lv kernel. It allowed me to move things like you are supposed to.

Why didn't Joseph Mother include this fix in ultimate kernel...?

[TheAndroid];2596994 said:
Remember though, not everyone has this problem...

Well, I never tried it until I got a Transcend 8gb class 6 sdhc. Don't know if that had anything to do with it.

Stock Transform with 2.2 here. I only have used the "Move to SD" option that is included with 2.2. My question is, why are some apps not able to be moved? Is that normal, or do I have the problem mentioned above?

Some can't be moved because they use certain system services. Some will stop working and shouldn't be moved, like root apps or widgets.

Back
Top Bottom