• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Are all Pixels carrier unlocked?

No, not all Google Pixel carriers have the phone unlocked. Especially Verizon. Yes I believe it's post sale. You could contact Verizon to unlock your phone. Idk how the pixels work out. You could order unless you have it already, from the Google store online and order it unlocked. I recommend Google FI it's a great price being honest.

Reactions: dosei
Upvote 0
Yes, all Pixels are carrier-unlocked. They can be used on any carrier.

The exception with ones sold by/for Verizon is that they are bootloader locked - you can't unlock their bootloaders to install custom firmware. Other than that, though, I could purchase one from Verizon today and use it on T-Mobile tomorrow. I know many users who have done just that so that they could get the "panda" or blue-ish colors which are Verizon exclusives.

Reactions: dosei
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones