• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Are there any decent Gallery apps?

RideZeLitenin

.....or are we just stuck with the stock photo gallery, which I dislike very, very much. It's slow, lackluster in features, and currently I'm having all-around technical issues with it. I've searched for quality gallery apps in the market, but haven't found any free ones that seem worth downloading.

Maybe I haven't looked hard enough? Idk, just wandering if anyone else feels my frustration. I'd like to know if there really is a good gallery app, one I don't know about...

I tried a few of them and my best choice is Quickpic. Its not as cool as the stock Gallery, but its way more quicker...and I used the term: " my best choice ". because its not the coolest or best out there, but its just the best that i can find.

I just purchased 3D Gallery app for my Desire. I absolutely love it. It was a $1.26 US. I know you said free, but just thought I'd throw that out there.

I tried a few of them and my best choice is Quickpic. Its not as cool as the stock Gallery, but its way more quicker...and I used the term: " my best choice ". because its not the coolest or best out there, but its just the best that i can find.

The market app quickpic is a way to take a picture quickly. What app are you taking about exactly?

What features are you looking for in a gallery app?

I ask because adding image sharing is next on my list for my app, so displaying those images is an important part of that. So I'm curious what makes a "good" gallery app.

The market app quickpic is a way to take a picture quickly. What app are you taking about exactly?

Hmmm. maybe im not using it correctly or the full potential of it. How do you use Quickpic to take picture quickly ? Currently, im just using it to view my pictures.

What features are you looking for in a gallery app?

I ask because adding image sharing is next on my list for my app, so displaying those images is an important part of that. So I'm curious what makes a "good" gallery app.

Something that displays all of the pictures on the phone and SD card, allows you to "share", etc. Basically everything that the stock gallery did (which...wasn't much..) with more overall features such as rearranging, playing gif images, more video options... just more than the stock player has to offer. Plus the main reason I'm looking for a different gallery is because the stock isn't even funtioning for me - it can't find any pictures in my collection. It used to be just fine, but now I can't fix it... (no files were moved or deleted, all in the same place in my SD card.)
But that's another problem...

it can't find any pictures in my collection. It used to be just fine, but now I can't fix it... (no files were moved or deleted, all in the same place in my SD card.)

You might want to try a free app called "SDRescan." Basically it unmounts and remounts the SD card, and rescans it for photos.

You might want to try a free app called "SDRescan." Basically it unmounts and remounts the SD card, and rescans it for photos.

Well, I installed it and gave it a try.... but no dice. Gallery still has zero photos in collection...:confused:

Back
Top Bottom