• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Are there any (rooting) guides for the Samsung Galaxy Young Duos (s6312)

Pyrolit

Lurker
Hi all,

I'm trying to find out how / if the s6312 can be rooted, so far I have been unable to find anything on the subject apart from some place-holder topics and some mislabelled bits about the Galaxy Y.

I like to have control over my hardware and currently my main issue is that the phone uses some sort of fake virtual SD card which is actually on the very limited internal storage, instead of using the true SD card (for storing games etc). And the way I believe this can be solved is by using DirectoryBind (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1410262) which requires root access.

I've touched on this a bit already in my introduction topic (http://androidforums.com/introductions/705674-new-android.html) but decided that it was probably wise to continue the topic here.

Thank you

Hey mate, this phone has just been released. So just wait for a couple of weeks until developers start some work on a kernel with root access.
By the way how is the performance of the device? Any lags while web browsing? Can it run some basic games like temple run 2 or others?

Hey mate, this phone has just been released. So just wait for a couple of weeks until developers start some work on a kernel with root access.
By the way how is the performance of the device? Any lags while web browsing? Can it run some basic games like temple run 2 or others?

Hey thanks for the reply,

I was thinking it might be a bit too early for guides to have come out but since this is my first android phone I wasn't sure how long it would take some bright mind to root it. The browsing performance is smooth, I have not tried temple run 2 but have played some Dungeon Defenders 2nd wave which had no issues whatsoever apart from some awkward controls (not the phone's fault though). I will look into temple run 2 if it's free or looks interesting enough to buy.

Thanks for the reply mate. This mobile is on my mind as I need to upgrade from my galaxy mini, not a huge upgrade though. Its entry level specifications and price tag attracted me. Anyways good luck with your mobile. Cheers..

Hey thanks for the reply,

I was thinking it might be a bit too early for guides to have come out but since this is my first android phone I wasn't sure how long it would take some bright mind to root it. The browsing performance is smooth, I have not tried temple run 2 but have played some Dungeon Defenders 2nd wave which had no issues whatsoever apart from some awkward controls (not the phone's fault though). I will look into temple run 2 if it's free or looks interesting enough to buy.

Please can you tell me the nenamark 2 score of this mobile. And what is the GPU present in this mobile??

Kies...

Sery a bit new here..

Neways any update 'bout rooting ?

Eagr to knw...

start a new topic as OP said.

arey bhikari lavdyachya bhadvya tuzya aaichi gand maaderchod punekar ikade ka aapli aai nijavtoys? tui aukaad tari aahe ka? bhayyancha phone micromax gheun tuzya bahinichi phodri viktois ..chhinal chya bhadkhav hizdya tuzi aai padli madkyat maadrchod chalupad ikdun..bhikarchot pune, gu khanare bhadkhav ..chat fut lavdya gandichya

Hi all,

I'm trying to find out how / if the s6312 can be rooted, so far I have been unable to find anything on the subject apart from some place-holder topics and some mislabelled bits about the Galaxy Y.

I like to have control over my hardware and currently my main issue is that the phone uses some sort of fake virtual SD card which is actually on the very limited internal storage, instead of using the true SD card (for storing games etc). And the way I believe this can be solved is by using DirectoryBind (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1410262) which requires root access.

I've touched on this a bit already in my introduction topic (http://androidforums.com/introductions/705674-new-android.html) but decided that it was probably wise to continue the topic here.

Thank you

framaroot v1.4 aragorn exploit. can be found on xda:)

Back
Top Bottom