• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Assistance Please

!!PLEASE HELP!!
Hello, i have an USB-powered AKAI MPD218 MIDI pad controller that i have been using with FL Studio Mobile (3) for the past 2+yrs. I have used it with 4 or 5 different Android phones, never once encountering a single issue, thanks to the OTG cable. However, i recently bought a ZTE Avid 579, and when i connected my MPD218, nothing happened. I thought it maybe the OTG cable, tried a different one, same result.. nothing. So i checked both OTG cables by plugging the MPD218 into 3 other phones, and it worked fine, device lit up immediately. So i checked my ZTEs USB configuration, which i had already set to MIDI prior to trying to connect my MIDI controller. Ive searched far & wide online for some help 8n the matter & then remembered i was a member of this community, so i hope someone who is more tech savvy can let me now what i may be doing wrong, or point me in the proper direction. I thank you for your time and assistance, it is appreciated IMMENSELY. God bless...
Sincerely,
- Dorian

https://specs-tech.com/en/Comparison/zte-blade-a5-2020-vs-zte-avid-579/

I hope others here will verify better, but I suspect the 579 does not support USB OTG connections (On the Go), either because of the hardware or that it runs Android 10 Go Edition (a slimmed back Android OS similar to Nokia 2 series and others).

That link is the closest I can find to verifying that.

ZTE removed most of the specifications on their site.

This also means, as I can recall, the device won't support usb flash drives or MHL TV connections.

Definitely check for OTG capable devices if you want to replace.
GSMArena is usually the best source of detailed device info, but I couldn't find your device listed there.

Back
Top Bottom