• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Astro File Manager PC access

mayburyds

Hi,

Just installed Astro file manager and been able to get access to my PC at least the TEST was OK and I have an network icon for the PC. But I can't see where you view the PC folders etc. in Astro?

Tapping the home icon in Astro lists the folders in /mntsdcard. Tapping the PC icon under networks takes me to the same directory.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

Uh, if you are connected to a PC, why just not use the explorer on your PC? Your phone should be appearing as a flash drive there, and the File Explorer on PC is much easier to use.

OK, I went through this fiasco a few weeks ago.
1. open Astro
2. open File Manager
3. Scroll to the Network icon and touch it
4. touch New
5. Choose SMB
6. Put some name for the connection into the Label field
7. Put your IP address in the server field
to get it you open up the C prompt on computer (on computer Start > Run (on right bottom) and type in cmd, once the window opens type "ipconfig" enter your IP address is listed across from the IPv4 line. That is ur internal IP add.
8. place a "/" in the directory field.
9. type your Windows Logon user name in User Name field
10. Type your Windows Logon password in the Password field

Now make sure your phone has WIFI turned on and touch the Test button. If all is well it should say "Test Successfull" if so, click the save button.

Hit your back button and you will see an new icon with the name you chose for the connection. Touch that and you will see your computer hard drive files and folders.

Only folders that are shared will show up here. So if your connection fails the test you should go on computer in Windows Explorer and highlight Network and you should see your computer listed. Double click that and you will see your shared folders. If nothing is there then you have not set up any shares and need to learn how to do that.

Another thing you need to know, is that you can not open any of the files with Astro, so this is basically USELESS, until they get that to working. All you can do is LOOK.

Edit: if you do not have a static IP address you will have to edit your connection Icon (long perss it and choose edit) and enter in your current IP address.

Back
Top Bottom