• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Asurian Experience

smitty543

Android Enthusiast
People frequently post problems and/or negative experiences, so I want to post a positive Sprint experience.

Had to replace my wife's Sprint GS4 (post fall & broken screen) under Asurian's insurance. It was a "relatively" painless experience. Filed the claim online and received the phone in the time frame stated. Took a few minutes to activate over the air (WiFi), all-in-all smooth. Original phone had sustained a corrupt microSD card, and a Sprint store representative was able to salvage ALL of her data and get it onto a new microSD card.

Hopefully the positive Customer Service at Sprint will continue, and even grow stronger moving forward with Softbank (or whatever it will be called in the future.)

My wife lost her Asurian-covered phone a few years ago. We had the same experience. Paid the deductible and they shipped out a new phone, which we got promptly. No complaints with them (other than that the deductible on our current phones is more than the old phone she lost would have cost to replace, but everything is more expensive now.)

Whops. The replacement phone has to be replaced! The touch screen is defective, BUT the local Sprint store has ordered a replacement (within the 7 days of receipt of the misbehaving phone.) :mad:

nothing new. these so called "refurbished" devices also have failure rates. this is not specific to Sprint as Asurion services other carriers as well. take a trip through other sub forums here and over the interwebs and you will hear the same.

its not a chink in the armor to sprint, blame Asurion for their relaxed refurbishing process. For the popular phones the failure rate is a bit higher over conventional phone models.

I would not be surprised if the SECOND device was defective.... :rolleyes:

The replacement GS4 for the replacement GS4 finally arrived at the Sprint store (backordered for more than a week). The store employee efficiently transferred everything to the re- replacement phone in short order. Cannot say enough positive things about this store's customer service. The only question about this situation is "Why did Asurion send us a defective refurbished phone - poor Quality Control aka Customer Service at Asurion?"

im sure the company did not intentionally mean to send a faulty phone. they handle thousands of devices daily and a few here and there that are defective can and do slip through the cracks.

Thanx for the above post. My purpose was to compliment SPRINT Customer Service and assistance I received both on the telephone and in person, but to question the Quality Assurance / Control for [refurbished] phones sent out under insurance replacement programs to help ensure that the are not defective. (We pay monthly for insurance and then pay a significant deductible when a phone is damaged and has to be replaced.)

Back
Top Bottom