• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Asus MeMO Pad FHD 10 video review

Dex

Android Enthusiast
I found a pretty good review of the device. No benchmarks or any of that, just someone actually putting the device through the paces and showing off some things on it. I read several reviews that didn't seem to be very flattering, but happened upon this video. Watching someone use the tablet changed my mind about it and I decided to pick one up.

This place looks completely empty, so I figured I'd go ahead and put something here.

www.youtube.com/embed/HJpy5I3wu3E

I ordered one of these yesterday (ASUS MeMO Pad FHD 10 ME302C-B1-BL) from Amazon. I did see on Newegg.com that they list this model as discontinued. Asus dumping it already?

Sam

I have no idea. That does sound awful, though. =(

It looks like the A1 is the 16 GB and the B1 is the 32 GB. I know that ASUS is releasing a ton of stuff.

A lot of reviews have been very middle-of-the-road. For the price, that seems about right, though. If I wanted to spend 600 bucks I'd get a high end tablet, but I'd rather pay about half that and get a nice screen with very decent performance.

I was very skeptical, because of the fact this is an Intel chip. I'm not fond of ASUS, either. I decided to give it a try after watching that video where the dude basically runs it through the paces and it does just fine. I want this tablet to do very basic things. I don't want to play incredible intense games or computer never-ending numbers. A bigger screen for YouTube or some Hearthstone somewhere else is all I really want. =P

I decided to try it even though I have a Sero 7 Pro 7", at age 60 my eyes just aren't what they used to be. Plus the 3-month old Sero has developed a line across the display (it's taken 3 weeks to get Hisense to reply to my service request, been 1 week since I emailed the RMA form back) so I figure I'd try a 8-10" tablet and sell the repaired/refurb'd Sero whenever I get it.

Sam

I was pretty impressed with what Asus did with the Google Nexus 7 (1st gen) so I decided to give them some serious consideration and ordered the MeMo Pad FHD 10 this past weekend. If it turns out that I don't like it, I can always sell it on Amazon just like I did with my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1. As far as ASUS discontinuing it, that is not true. Not only is it currently in stock on Newegg's website but there is no indication on ASUS' website that this tablet is being discontinued.

Back
Top Bottom