• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help AT&T JB Update in Kies -- What to do if phone is rooted?

meissen

The disclaimer says that phones which are rooted usually fail during the upgrade. Is this just a false disclaimer? If it does fail while rooted, what do I need to do to be able to upgrade to JB? Do I just unroot my device? And if so, how? Please advise!

Yes it will fail. Why not just flash a pre rooted rom based on the update you are wanting to install?

Sorry - I was waiting for a response and googled to see if anyone else asked the same question and I found a lot of threads/articles on other sites where users said they upgraded with no problems. I went ahead and ran the JB upgrade through Kies and didn't have any issues *knock on wood*

It was fun having CM10 with JellyBean to tide me over, but the instability and constantly having to pull my battery out to reboot the phone was getting annoying. It seemed like the longer I ran CM10, the worse my phone got. Hoping that going back to AT&T's stock ROM of JellyBean will fix that.

Back
Top Bottom