• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [AT&T] Looking back. What was the best ROM, kernel, modem for the Captivate?

bennylava

Hello everyone. I had a few questions about the captivate. Well I had the ATT version, also known as the "Samsung Galaxy S". I was hoping to draw on the collective memory, of what was the best ROM and Kernel out there for that old phone? I'd like to do one last update, one last ROM and Kernel flash to both of my Galaxy S captivates. But, I want it to be the best, the last.

Which one was that? I know people will send me to that "All things root" page, but that's not what I'm looking for. That pages doesn't talk about last and best. As for the modem part, I must admit that I don't even know what that is. I won't be using the phone as a phone anymore, so it may not matter about the Modem.

First of all, wouldn't this be better in the Captivate forum?

I still use the Captivate as my son's portable gaming device. I currently have installed team BAKED's BlackBean (teamicemods.com), but I am considering moving it to SlimBean (slimroms.net). I'm using SlimBean on both my Nexus S and my SGS3.

If only I knew. I don't know if the Captivate and ATT's "Galaxy S" are the exact same thing. They pretty much are, but what if something doesn't work right just because I loaded a captivate ROM on to my ATT Galaxy S? Maybe I could brick the phone doing that, I don't know.

Back
Top Bottom