• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help AT&T Nexus 6 on Verizon

Yes I'm currently running this set up with no issues.

I had a Verizon note 4, I wanted a Nexus 6 but of course vzw doesn't carry it yet. So I post an ad on craigslist to do a trade for a nexus 6. Chick hits me up, she said she has a At&t Nexus6. Cool, but its locked. So I told her to call at&t and just tell them you need your phone unlocked. They'll unlock it over the phone then they'll email u the Sim unlock pin (att locks their Sims) she said OK I'll try...........after 15min, she calls back says they unlocked it! and they're emailing me the Sim I say great let me know when u get it. A day later she text back saying hey I got the Sim unlock number! Perfect let's meet up in 30min, now I still have this vzw Note 4 which has a regular micro Sim in it but the Nexus uses a nano Sim right... So I go to vzw go get a nano Sim, of course they ask me a mill questions, I told them I'm going to an iphone 6 today(I know that takes a nano Sim too and they actually sell that phone) and just need a nano Sim so it'll work when I get it. They say "OK but there are some phones that dont work on our network even if u have the right Sim" I say ummm yea OK can I get my Sim please thanks.... So I get it, the service is now on the nano Sim I have so my note 4 doesn't work in route to meet up with her mind u. Boom we meet up, me and the chick...I take her nexus 6 At&t, I put in my now activated Verizon nano sim. Immediately the message comes up saying enter unlocking network Sim or something like that, I enter the number they emailed her, and hit unlock. After 2min it says "unlocking successful" I then hit dismiss and LTE lights up, phone call goes through and text. Golden, easy stuff. She puts her att reg Sim in, I told her she gotta do what I did but with a reg Sim, and boom phonecall made but her data didn't work, I went into the settings and changed her APN settings, and now data works. We both happy and trade, both got what we wanted. For giggles I go back to that Verizon store and ask if they had any accessories for a Verizon working Nexus 6, they looked like they were choking on a chicken bone lol. (Couldn't believe I had it working)

Nice. :) Of course not everyone is going to go through that trouble.

BTW, if you want to completely eliminate the AT&T shenanigans on the N6, there's a step-by-step over on xda.

EDIT: BTW, after you've had a chance to get to know your new Nexus, don't forget to post in the review thread. :)

Back
Top Bottom