• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [AT&T] Ultimatum Rom - Continuous boot on install?

meissen

So I downloaded the Ultimatum S3 1.0.1 zip file (from here) and added it to my /media/sdcard on the phone. I then used ROM Manager to install Ultimatum - I had already done a backup an hour or so before so I told it to just do a wipe.

Phone reboots, Ultimatum says it's installing but admittedly the message about someone pooping on me made me feel a little uncomfortable (like it wasn't a legitimate ROM install) which was exacerbated when the phone went into a continuous reboot loop. It'd vibrate, the Samsung logo, then the Galaxy S3 logo (or visa versa order), then the phone went black and it'd vibrate off, vibrate back on and repeat.

I thought "OK, maybe something didn't take..." so I rebooted back into Recovery, wiped all user data and cache, went into advanced and wiped delvak or whatever, and then tried again. No workie workie. One thing that I thought was strange (or maybe it's normal?) is when I go into "mount and unmount" that the system and data partitions shows as unmounted because the option both say "mount system" "mount data" - shouldn't it be the opposite if they're already mounted? I tried simply mounting them but alas that didn't work either.

I'm restoring my ROM I backed up but what in the world did I do wrong?

Well f***ity f*** f*** f***. Error restoring the "data" partition from my ROM backup. Now when it boots up I get the Galaxy S3 logo, the ATT animation, and then to the glowing Samsung and it just sits there and won't do anything.

Help!

Hallalujah - I went back into Recovery and wiped all user data, cache, and dalvik and rebooted. Now it's back working.

Back
Top Bottom