• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Ata a loss on how to execute app

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date Start date
D

Deleted User

I just setup Codetyphon to create android apps. It compiled a simple app correctly and I moved it to my phone. When I went to the app, there wasn't any way I could find to execute it. Right clicking wanted to open it with a text browser. From what I have read, android will not allow you to execute your own apps. Is there some way I can execute my own apps, possibly through some kind of an android emulator?

Thanks

When you compiled it, you created an .apk file?

And 'right click' on a phone? I don't understand that.

If you load a .apk file onto your phone, tapping that in "files" should install it. You may have to change various permissions, and be in developer mode, to do that, but it should work.

I am thinking windows, disregard the right click statement. Codetyphon doesn't create an .apk file, just the executable file. Maybe I need to find a way to pack the file into an .apk before loading it into the phone. Is there a utility that does that somewhere? I don't want to have to install Android Studios if possible. I don't know java.

Thanks

No idea about that, I'm using AS - but yeah, you need to get an .apk if you want to run an app.

I'm also a bit concerned about your app, though - How are you loading the relevant APIs? How are you testing the app? I'm not familiar with the tool you're using, but is it designed to create android apps? Do you have an emulator to test it on?

I'll leave other questions about it for more advanced developers here.

Back
Top Bottom