• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Avail 2] Need Help Changing the Splash Image (logo.bmp)

Been trying to do it for a while, but since it's set up differently from most other Android devices, the Android AIO Flasher won't work (no splash partition(it appears that the splash image is by itself in root (/logo.bmp))) and replacing the logo.bmp file with another always overwrites it with the original on reboot (unless logo.bmp isn't the splash image, though it's the only thing that seems like it (been going through all other possible locations and can't find it anywhere else)) Essentially, what seems to be needed is a program that'll properly and permanently overwrite the logo.bmp file, since it just keeps returning like a bad dream otherwise, but I don't think I'm experienced enough to code my own program to do it (I mostly just do minor tinkering if I can help it XD). Anyone else find a way to do it, or have any other suggestions?

Have you done it with this phone? It says it only works on select devices, and I don't see it on the lite version, so I just want to be sure before I go and buy pro just to find out I can't Xp

i dont know if that would work or not, the logo.bmp is on the boot partitions ramdisk which usually isnt something you can just edit, you can however pull it, and then unpack, modify, and repack via dsixda's kitchen, granted you WILL want a custom recovery and a good backup handy kuz it may cause a failure to boot

all that in mind, i dont believe that works right, at least i dont think it did in past zte devices but who knows i havent messed with the boot logo in a long long time, boot animation yes but the splash is a different story entirely

Yeah, I've been trying the approach with dsixda's Kitchen, but there's even trouble on that front as well.

First effort was to check for the boot.img or recovery.img, but that was easier said than done. Used #cat /proc/mtd to try and locate it, but it came up blank, which I found odd, so then I went and did #cat /proc/mounts | busybox grep /dev/block, which still didn't come up with either a recovery or boot partition....

Here's what I got, though:

[HIGH]shell@android:/ # cat /proc/mounts | busybox grep /dev/block
cat /proc/mounts | busybox grep /dev/block
/dev/block/mmcblk0p19 /system ext4 ro,relatime,data=ordered 0 0
/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.3/by-num/p22 /data ext4 rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,no
auto_da_alloc,data=ordered 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p10 /persist ext4 rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,data=ordered 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p21 /cache ext4 rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,data=ordered 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p5 /zteforatt ext4 rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,noauto_da_alloc,da
ta=ordered 0 0
/dev/block/vold/179:33 /storage/sdcard0 vfat rw,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,rela
time,uid=1000,gid=1015,fmask=0702,dmask=0702,allow_utime=0020,codepage=cp437,ioc
harset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0
/dev/block/vold/179:33 /mnt/secure/asec vfat rw,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,rela
time,uid=1000,gid=1015,fmask=0702,dmask=0702,allow_utime=0020,codepage=cp437,ioc
harset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0
/dev/block/dm-0 /mnt/asec/com.naturalmotion.clumsyninja-1 ext4 ro,dirsync,nosuid
,nodev,noatime 0 0
/dev/block/dm-1 /mnt/asec/com.popzhang.sudoku-1 ext4 ro,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noa
time 0 0
/dev/block/dm-2 /mnt/asec/com.proapp.pro.app.bubble-1 ext4 ro,dirsync,nosuid,nod
ev,noatime 0 0[/HIGH]

Not sure what else to do at the moment, any suggestions would be helpful :D
Might be more trouble than it's worth, though XD

Edit: Sorry, not sure how to do the code boxes, a total newb at forum posting Xp

find an fstab and read that, or what i usually do if all else fails is find something in /proc/partitions that has a size about right, usually boot and recovery are both 16mb and since /proc/partitions gives sizes in kb that would be around 16384, pull everything that seems right and start unpacking it with dsixda's kitchen see if i can figure out which ones which

also code boxes are
[ code ]
stuff
[ \ code ]
no spaces in there of course those were just to make sure it didnt read as code tags

Back
Top Bottom