• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Avail 2] [ROM]CyanogenMod 11 Port For ZTE Z992 (Beta)

amalloggi

[FONT=&quot]DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES/BRICKING THAT OCCURS TO YOUR DEVICE.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]For starters i should say I didnt build this port someone else did i just found the ROM and it needs work.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]I am willing to work on this ROM but I need testers I am getting a new phone but i will keep this one as long as somebody tests it, so Backup and get ready to test.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]How To Flash (For Newbs)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]!. Boot Into CWM Recovery
2.Wipe Data/Factory Reset
3. wipe cache partition
5. Scroll to Advanced
6.Wipe Dalvik cache
7.Install zip from sd card
8.Choose Rom to install
9.Install Gapps
10.Reboot[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The Rom:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]This ROM is a ported Cm11 ROM from the Sony Xperia Tipo. problems i've heard about it are Cyanogenmod Account Stops working and Wifi/Cell/Data doesn't work. if anyone knows how to fix this let me know. but a fix that might work is
-Wipe Data/factory reset
-wipe cache partition
-wipe dalvik

- format data
- format system
- format cache
-install ROM
-install gapps
-Go to advanced
-fix permissions
let me know if this helped.

The link to recieve the cm11 ROM for those interested in testing is(Confirmed Not Working...For the moment):https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0yJCiUYmg-3MTVWb25lUEtuWjQ/edit?pli=1

CM11 Tester 1 (Confirmed Boot looping):CM11-UNOFFICIAL-Test 1-Z992-4.26.14 - Download - 4shared

CM11 Tester 2 (Status 7 error in CWM);CM11-UNOFFICIAL-Test 2-Z992-4.26.14 - Download - 4shared
[/FONT]
CM11 Tester 3 (Status 6 Error in CWM):CM11-UNOFFICIAL-Test 3-z992-4.26.14 - Download - 4shared

[FONT=&quot]CM11 Tester 4 (Rewrote Update Script)[/FONT]: CM11-UNOFFICIAL-Test 4-Z992-4.26.14 - Download - 4shared

[FONT=&quot]The forum i found it on is: [Request] Zte Avail 2 - Device Requests - CyanogenMod Forum

The Gapps For the Cm11 ROM (Cant gaurantee it will work with the Avail 2):Google Apps – CyanogenMod

P.S. I've downloaded the ROM to Disect it but i need a tester to tell me whats wrong ith it if anyone does this can you make a video too.
Thanks.

Give Thanks To The Developers (Looking For More To Help)
[/FONT]Amalloggi (me)
DirtyRyada
[FONT=&quot]
Give Thanks To The Testers[/FONT] (Also, Looking For More)[FONT=&quot]
Redneckrocketeer
Mel4787
DirtyRyada

Please PM me for any issues dont post them on the thread.
Thanks!!
This ROM is No Longer being supported if someone else wants to take over go for it.

Last edited:
I know it's a little late but I'm willing to test this ROM. I flashed the azazal Rom on this phone and it lost the IMEI settings and I can't get ADB shell to connect. I've tried all kinds of things to fix it but nothing has worked, so I am willing to try anything.

tried to flash this. gave an error. it can be fixed but good job on trying to port a rom to this device

I know it's a little late but I'm willing to test this ROM. I flashed the azazal Rom on this phone and it lost the IMEI settings and I can't get ADB shell to connect. I've tried all kinds of things to fix it but nothing has worked, so I am willing to try anything.
I don't believe there is a way to fix that once a phone loses its imei its nearly impossible to regain it. But you do have a good phone for testing lol.

I got status 7 fix it then got status 6, does anyone know the dev/block system path?

Tip: avoid downloading large files over network if at all possible. Use WiFi. Files downloaded over the network can b corrupted if not downloaded properly

I don't believe there is a way to fix that once a phone loses its imei its nearly impossible to regain it. But you do have a good phone for testing lol.

I know right. :laugh: I found some software that i think might rewrite the IMEI but the bin file that houses the adb shell comands suddenly went missing too so I cant even connect to it. I am going to post the IMEI editing zip when I find a good file host if you are interested.

Back
Top Bottom